The best way to learn what makes the Solebury community special is to spend a day with us. We love hosting visitors and getting to know each another. We understand how busy your lives are, and therefore, we are happy to have you visit classes at any time during the application process. Call us to schedule a date and time that works for you.
|A typical visitation day works like this...|
Students and parent(s) arrive at the main office
Student goes to class with a class guide; parent(s) meet with a member of the Admission staff
Family tour for student and parent(s) with one of our terrific Sherpa (student guides who know the campus and can help you learn about life at Solebury in and out of the classroom.)
|10:30||Student visits more classes, has lunch, has interview|
- You (the student) will shadow one of our current students when you visit classes. Typically, we pair you up with a student who is in the grade you are applying for, so you can see the classes you would take here. If you would prefer to shadow a student in your current grade, just let us know.
- When you visit classes, don't feel any pressure to participate – it’s not a test. This part of the day is for you to experience the class dynamic and to see the incredible way teachers and students interact here. If you find something interesting and have a comment or a question, however, you should definitely feel free to share it. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Before you visit, tell us as much as you can about yourself – what kinds of things are you most interested in in and out of the classroom? We’ll use this information to schedule a day for you that allows you to see the parts of the school you most want to know about and to meet the people who oversee them and are involved with them.
- We don’t believe in a parent interview. The parent meeting with a member of the admissions staff is intended to give us a chance to get to know each other, to hear your perspectives on your child, to learn about what's brought you to exploring independent schools in general and/or Solebury in particular, and to answer any questions you have about the school and our program.
- Solebury does not have a dress code. Wear clothes that are comfortable, be yourself.
- You’ll have lunch in our dining hall and can enjoy the variety of offerings (hot entrees, vegetarian and vegan dishes, homemade soups, a full salad and sandwich bar, etc.) that our three chefs prepare every day.
- Please do not be stressed about the student interview. Our goal is not to grill you; we simply want to have a chat and try to learn about you and the things you like to do. We like young people, and these chats are a favorite part of our job. We’ll spend about 20-30 minutes together.
When we schedule a visit, we'll work with you to figure out how long a day makes sense depending on what you want to see. For example, most of our art classes meet in the early afternoon, so we might schedule a longer day if visiting an art class is important to you.
If taking a full day is too much prior to completing the application process, we can just schedule a time for you to come in for a tour, the parent meeting, and the interview, and we’ll find another time for you to sit in on classes.
Here are a few tips that might help you as you prepare to visit us: