Appreciated Securities

Giving appreciated securities that you have held for more than one year can be an advantage tax-wise. By giving the stock directly to the school (do not sell the stock first and send the proceeds to Solebury), you will receive a tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities on the date the school receives the stock. In addition you do not pay any capital gains tax on the appreciation of the stock. Federal law limits deductions in any one year to 30% of adjusted gross income. Any excess can be carried forward over the next five years up to an annual 30% ceiling.

Via DTC Transfer

The easiest way to transfer securities is via DTC transfer. Please contact Director of Advancement Jennifer K. Burns at 215-862-5261, ext 183 or via for bank information needed to transfer funds by DTC. You will also need to confirm the date, name of securities and number of shares transferred. Alternately you can contact the school's broker directly:

Richard Grobman
1818 Market Street, Suite 2430
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: 215-656-2803

Via Stock Certificates

To make a gift of stock certificates please send unsigned stock certificates directly to the school in care of Jennifer K. Burns, Director of Advancement with a letter of intent. Send an unsigned blank stock power in a separate envelope.

Mail to: Jennifer K. Burns
Solebury School
6832 Phillips Mill Rd.
New Hope, PA 18938-9682