Alumni Relations Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Responsible to: Assistant Head of School - Advancement & External Affairs
Posted: July 2018
Solebury School seeks a dedicated and mission-driven individual to serve in a full-time, twelve-month position as Alumni Relations Manager. The Alumni Relations Manager interfaces directly with alumni and is responsible for implementing programs that engage and inform alumni of Solebury School while serving as a key member of the Advancement staff. Primary responsibilities are to direct the programming, planning, and execution of alumni events for Solebury; to identify, engage, and manage alumni volunteers; and to facilitate an effective communications plan to keep alumni informed and connected to Solebury School.
The manager will encourage involvement of alumni in the life of the school; will understand fundraising in relation to alumni activity; and will cultivate and steward relationships with respect to fundraising objectives. Effective execution of duties will require close collaboration with all members of the staff in Advancement, and cooperation with senior school leadership and key volunteers. Travel is required. Evening and weekend activities are required.
- Develop and manage all alumni relations programs
- Conceptualize and execute an engaging Reunion Weekend, with support from Advancement and alumni volunteers
- Manage and execute additional alumni events, including but not limited to: regional gatherings (2-3 annually), Young Alumni Day, Seniors/Board of Trustee Dinner, international alumni events
- Develop alumni engagement opportunities for students through internships, senior project, guest teaching, etc.
- Build and sustain alumni relations through various proactive communication methods, including but not limited to: collecting and preparing Class Notes; developing content for the alumni pages of website and magazine; and developing social media networks to facilitate communication among alumni (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, WeChat, etc.)
- Actively participate in Advancement Dept. activities, including prospect identification
- Manage condolence process, including compiling and disseminating biography and notice in a variety of platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Solebury School and independent school education
- At least three years of successful experience in the field of institutional advancement
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with fundraising techniques, special events, and annual fund. Experience with capital campaign solicitation and all other aspects of development is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of constituencies, both inside and outside the school
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with using metrics to establish goals and measure results
- Technical skills, including the Google suite, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate
- Works in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
Please submit resume and cover letter to Sherry Goulding, Director of Human Resources. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.