Asst. Tennis Coach
Title: Asst. Tennis Coach
Date Modified: 1/4/2024
FLSA Classification: part-time, seasonal, exempt, stipend
Reports To: Head Tennis Coach and Director of Athletics
Solebury School (New Hope, PA) seeks an Assistant Tennis for the Spring 2024 season (3/26/23-5/27/23).
Practice are Monday-Friday from 3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., with matches during the week. Our coaches would
need to be able to work with all levels of athletic ability.
- Direct coaching responsibilities inclusive of program organization, practice planning, game preparation/management, and overall student-athlete development following Solebury School’s mission statement and core values
- Communicates clear expectations to student-athletes and parents
- Values strength and conditioning, nutrition, and playing multiple sports in helping the team to realize their full potential as student-athletes
- Encourages a sense of belonging for all team members who are a part of the program through building, with and among the team, relationships that are based on the development of their character as well as their athletic ability
- Provides end-of-season collection of information (i.e. appropriate statistics), uniforms, award winners
- Keeps the Director of Athletics and Head Tennis Coach informed of problems or concerns
- Successfully completes online coaching courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest through NFHS Learning Center
- Varsity high school playing experience required; college playing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Positive role model, mentor, and teacher of the sport
- Must provide instruction to instill a strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence in student-athletes
- An understanding of the nature of independent schools
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to drive a school van safely and have a clean driving record
As part of the terms for employment and in accordance with state law, all employees undergo national, state and local background checks before starting. Employment is also contingent on the ability to establish eligibility for employment in the United States by providing appropriate documentation to complete the I-9 form and required certifications. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from school, and a valid driver's license is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer, Special Projects Manager via email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 255 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.