Title: Athletic Trainer
Date: April 26, 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Athletics, Team Physician
Solebury School seeks to hire a qualified Athletic Trainer. The starting date will be approximately August 15, 2021. Qualified candidates will have the necessary education and experience to support the Athletics department.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic practices and games
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, athletes, and their parents
- Maintain accurate medical records on all injuries, modalities, and rehabilitation procedures
- Provide the coaches and Athletic Director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations
- Educating the coaches and athletes on injury prevention
- Assist the Athletic Director as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field from an accredited athletic training program
- Possess Athletic Training Licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- Current BOC Certification
- Emergency Cardiac Care Certification
- Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about a large range of medical problems, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to assess and evaluate while working with other healthcare professionals as needed
- Decision-Making Skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines
- Attention to Detail: Document patient treatment and care per professional and regulatory standards
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff, and families
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Maintain, inventory, organize, and order athletic training supplies and equipment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Stacie Anastasio, Interim Director of Athletics. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit via email to Sanastasio@solebury.org.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving more than 225 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.