Title: Athletic Trainer
Date: February 10, 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Athletics, Team Physician
Solebury School seeks to hire an interim Athletic Trainer for the Spring 2021 sports season. The dates will be approximately March 15-May 28, 2021. Qualified candidates will have the necessary education and experience to support the Athletics department.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic practices and games
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, athletes, and their parents
- Maintain accurate medical records on all injuries, modalities, and rehabilitation procedures
- Provide the coaches and Athletic Director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations
- Assist the Athletic Director as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field from an accredited athletic training program
- Possess Athletic Training Licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- Current BOC Certification
- Emergency Cardiac Care Certification
- Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about a large range of medical problems, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to assess and evaluate while working with other healthcare professionals as needed
- Decision-Making Skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines
- Attention to Detail: Document patient treatment and care per professional and regulatory standards
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff, and families
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little to no supervision
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The ability to exert physical effort, including stooping, kneeling, crouching, and lifting, carrying or otherwise moving moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 pounds; may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials weighing up to 100 pounds
- Physical strength needed to position patients for examination, assisting patients as needed, helping them on and off the exam table and/or bed
- Willingness to work in outdoor weather
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driver’s test in school van
- Submission to full battery of background testing per PA state law
Please submit resume and cover letter to Stacie Anastasio, Interim Director of Athletics. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit via email to Sanastasio@solebury.org.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving more than 225 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.