Title: Dining Hall Chef
FLSA Classification: Full-time, non-exempt, hourly
Reports To: Stephanie Cohen, Head of Dining Hall
Solebury School seeks a full-time Dining Hall Chef to perform skilled food preparation, service and clean up. This is a full-time position that could include evenings up until 7:30 p.m. and weekends as needed.
- Prepare and serve food according to established recipes and procedures within regulatory guidelines
- Assist with menu planning, food ordering, storage, preparation and production.
- Perform setup activities; i.e. assembling trays and carts, preparing condiments, assembling service lines, stocking utensils and napkins and retrieving stock
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain a welcoming orientation towards students, parents and staff regarding dining hall offerings while also alerting the Head of Dining Hall of requests and issues
- Perform opening, cleanup and closing activities, as scheduled
- Track waste and other critical cost sensitive components as required by management
- Perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance and minor repairs on food service equipment, communicating to the Head of Dining Hall any issues needing attention
- Perform regular cleaning of the food service facilities and supervise any contracted cleaning services
- Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints along with the Head of Dining Hall
- High school diploma or G. E. D.
- A minimum of two years experience in food service production
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Maintain ServSafe or comparable certification
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, parents, volunteers and visitors with a customer service orientation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Occasionally lift equipment and materials weighing 50 pounds or more
- Crawl, climb ladders, twist, turn and reach in completing a variety of job duties
- Work outside in hot or cold conditions for extended periods of time
- Work in a wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school
- Work in the extreme temperature and humidity conditions found in a food service kitchen
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Stephanie, Head of Dining Hall. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12. Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.