Computer Science and Engineering Teacher
Title: Computer Science and Engineering Teacher
Date Updated: August 10, 2022
FLSA Classification: Full-time, exempt
Reports To: Director of Studies
Solebury School seeks a qualified, full-time Computer Science teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This position will start on or around August 25, 2022, and could be part time depending on the successful candidate’s interest and availability. Qualified candidates will be able to communicate ideas and expectations clearly while inspiring students to set and rise to rigorous standards.
- Teach up to four high-school Computer Science classes, to include Introductory Computer Programming and AP Computer Science, in 80 minute blocks meeting 2-3 times each per week
- Oversee the school’s IDEA Lab space
- Foster a strong working relationship with students and families
- Contribute to the Solebury community outside of the classroom, for example, through working with the Robotics Team
- Lead two trimesters of after school activity
- Perform assigned weekend duties as part of the boarding program
- Serve as an advisor of up to 8 students throughout the year
- Engage in continuing professional development
- Collaborate within and beyond the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated experience teaching high school students
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Education
- 3D printing, CNC machine, and LEGO robotics experience
- Boarding or independent school experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, reach for or otherwise move objects, including textbooks and other teaching materials. Sedentary work involves sitting, standing and walking around the classroom.
- Communication: Activities include both hearing and talking to express or exchange ideas and information.
- Environmental conditions: Activities occur mostly inside and occasionally outside.
- Valid driver’s license required as well as ability to pass a variety of background checks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solebury School offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits to all eligible employees, including:
- Medical/Vision Insurance (free option for employees and employees plus children)
- Dental Insurance
- 403 (b) plan
- Company Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability Leave
As part of the terms for employment and in accordance with state law, all employees undergo national, state and local background checks before starting. Employment is also contingent on the ability to establish identity for employment in the United States by providing appropriate documentation to complete the I-9 form and required certifications, as well as being completely vaccinated and boosted, or documentation of a religious/medical exemption. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from school.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer, Special Projects Manager via email email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Solebury School seeks teachers who enjoy being a part of a culture of learning, where they are always striving to improve their teaching through feedback and self-evaluation. We value intellectual challenge and academic achievement alongside mutual respect between students and teachers.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.