Head Varsity Baseball Coach
Title: Head Varsity Baseball Coach
FLSA Classification: part-time, seasonal
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Solebury School seeks a Baseball Head Coach for the Spring 2022 season. The head coach will report to the Director of Athletics and collaborates with all program stakeholders: assistant coaches, student-athletes, faculty/staff and parents. The position manages all aspects of the varsity Baseball program and runs from approximately mid-March to mid-May in the afternoons and evenings.
- Direct coaching responsibilities inclusive of program organization, practice planning, game preparation/management, and overall student-athlete development following Solebury School’s mission statement and core values
- Communicates clear expectations to assistant coaches, student-athletes and parents
- Provides guidance to student-athletes engaged in the NCAA recruitment process
- Values strength and conditioning, nutrition, and playing multiple sports in helping the team to realize their full potential as student-athletes
- Encourages a sense of belonging for all team members who are a part of the program through building, with and among the team, relationships that are based on the development of their character as well as their athletic ability
- Provides end-of-season collection of information (i.e. appropriate statistics), uniforms, award winners
- Keeps the Director of Athletics and/or Assistant Director of Athletics/Athletic Trainer informed of problems and/or concerns
- Successfully completes online coaching courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest through NFHS Learning Center
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Varsity high school playing experience required; college playing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Positive role model, mentor, and teacher of the sport
- Must provide instruction to instill a strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence in student-athletes
- An understanding of the nature of independent schools
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to drive a school van safely and have a clean driving record
Please submit resume and cover letter to Stacie Anastasio, Director of Athletics. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately. Submit via email to email@example.com.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.