High School Substitute Teacher
Title: High School Substitute Teacher
Date modified: August 8, 2022
FLSA Classification: Full-time, exempt
Reports To: Director of Studies & Dean of Faculty
Solebury School seeks candidates for our 2022-2023 Substitute Teacher pool. Ideal candidates have flexible schedules and enjoy working with young people.
- Provide backup teaching services on an as-needed basis from 8:30am-3pm
- Executing lesson plans created and left by the classroom teacher
- Creating and maintaining a respectful and fair classroom culture that fosters safe and productive learning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience
- Broad interdisciplinary interests
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, reach for or otherwise move objects, including textbooks and other teaching materials. Sedentary work involves sitting, standing and walking around the classroom.
- Communication: Activities include both hearing and talking to express or exchange ideas and information.
- Environmental conditions: Activities occur mostly inside and occasionally outside.
- Valid driver’s license required as well as ability to pass a variety of background checks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solebury School seeks teachers who enjoy being a part of a culture of learning, where they are always striving to improve their teaching through feedback and self-evaluation. We value intellectual challenge and academic achievement alongside mutual respect between students and teachers.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12. Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.