JV Boys Basketball Coach
Title: JV Boys Basketball Coach
FLSA Classification: part-time, seasonal
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Solebury School seeks a JV Boys Basketball Coach for the winter 2021/22 season. The JV Coach will report to the Director of Athletics and collaborate with all program stakeholders: varsity coaches, student-athletes, faculty/staff and parents. The position assists with the management of all aspects of the basketball program.
- Direct coaching responsibilities inclusive of program organization, practice planning, game preparation/management, and overall student-athlete development following Solebury School’s mission statement and core values
- Communicates clear expectations to student-athletes and parents
- Values strength and conditioning, nutrition, and playing multiple sports in helping the team to realize their full potential as student-athletes
- Encourages a sense of belonging for all team members who are a part of the program through building, with and among the team, relationships that are based on the development of their character as well as their athletic ability
- Provides end-of-season collection of information (i.e. appropriate statistics), uniforms, award winners
- Keeps the Director of Athletics and/or Assistant Director of Athletics/Athletic Trainer informed of problems and/or concerns
- Successfully completes online coaching courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest through NFHS Learning Center
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Varsity high school playing experience required; college playing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Positive role model, mentor, and teacher of the sport
- Must provide instruction to instill a strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence in student-athletes
- An understanding of the nature of independent schools
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to drive a school van safely and have a clean driving record
Please submit resume and cover letter to Stacie Anastasio, Director of Athletics. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin on 11/1/2021. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.