Director of Learning Skills and Director of Studies
Solebury School seeks a Learning Specialist for its Learning Skills
programs to support a range of learners, particularly those with mild to moderate learning differences, language-based learning disabilities, and/or students needing help with executive functioning. This is a full-time position to start for the 2019-20 school year.
- Work with students in grades 9-12 individually or in small groups to develop and strengthen organization and study skills, help them stay on track in their classes, and assist them with individual assignments
- Teach a “replacement” English course for students with language-based learning disabilities; this includes development of curriculum targeted for each student’s individual needs
- Lead two trimesters of after-school activities
- Be part of a duty team of 3-5 weekends per year overseeing boarding students
- Contribute to the Solebury community outside of classroom teaching, e.g. leading a club, attending events
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, preferably Special Education
- A passion for working closely with students with learning challenges
- Contribute to a distinctive and dynamic academic program
- Innovative beyond the textbook
- Communicate ideas and expectations well
- Clear written communication
- Inspire students to set and rise to rigorous expectations
- Maintain close relationships with families
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with teachers
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the Learning Skills team
- Organized, self-motivated
- A Master’s Degree in Education
- Experience teaching students with learning differences in high school
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Physical requirements include, but not limited to: standing for long stretches, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds (i.e. textbooks).
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rick Tony, Director of Studies. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin in as soon as possible. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Attention: Rick Tony
6832 Phillips Mill Road
New Hope, PA 18938
Solebury School is an independent 9-12th grade day and boarding school with 235 students attending. We seek teachers who enjoy being a part of a culture of learning, where they are always striving to improve their teaching through feedback and self-evaluation. In our students, we value intellectual challenge and academic achievement while having a mutual respect between students and teachers.
Solebury School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.