Marketing and Public Relations Manager
FLSA status: Full time, Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Director of Advancement
Solebury School seeks a dedicated and hard working person to serve in a full-time, twelve-month position as our Marketing and Public Relations Manager. This position works with many different constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, media, vendors, parents, alumni and others. Reports directly to the Assistant Director of Advancement as a member of the Advancement Team and works closely with the Admissions Department.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Advancement, write and coordinate school publications including Solebury: The Magazine, the Annual Report, admission materials and fundraising materials
- Manage Solebury School’s online presence, including digital fundraising communications, content management for the website, and all School social media
- Serve as admin for affinity social media pages
- Create and distribute electronic newsletters for parents, faculty and staff, and alumni. With the Assistant Director of Advancement, write and disseminate news releases, craft media pitches and follow up, maintain up-to-date press list. Track placement of school stories in the media
- Manage photo database (Vidigami), uploading, tagging, and training staff/students/parents as necessary. Take pictures at events when needed
- Assist with execution of annual marketing plan, meeting with vendors and managing ad creation
- Assist with archive project
- Assist with special events, including, but not limited to, Senior/Trustee Dinner, Alumni Weekend and all graduation activities
- One weekend of duty
- Support the mission and vision of Solebury School
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Advancement
Excellent writing skills, experience managing social media accounts, familiarity with a website CMS, and a strong understanding of Google suite are mandatory. Experience with FinalSite, graphic design, and video editing experience preferred. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to relationship-build and handle multiple concurrent projects are required. Experience with fundraising and understanding of education at an independent school is a plus.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Two or more years of progressively responsible experience in communications and marketing, preferably in a non-profit or school setting.
- Knowledge of communications, fundraising, promotional and marketing principles and social media.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated organizational ability that allows candidate to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Must have auditory, visual, and physical skills to be able to perform tasks as outlined in this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule. Limited travel may be required. Some weekend/evening events required, including one weekend of residential life duty.
Attention: Staci Freer
6832 Phillips Mill Road
New Hope, PA 18938
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving more than 235 students in grades 9-12. Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.