Title: High School Math Teacher
Date: April 5, 2022
FLSA Classification: Full-time, exempt
Reports To: Director of Studies
Solebury School seeks a qualified, full-time Mathematics teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This position will start on or around August 25, 2022. Ideally courses to be taught range from Algebra I through Calculus, depending on ability and needs of the department. On-campus housing is a possibility based on availability.
- Teach four high school math classes taught in 80 minute blocks meeting 2-3 times each per week
- Lead two after school activities
- Perform assigned weekend duties as part of the boarding program
- Serve as Advisor of (up to) 8 students throughout the year
- Contribute to the Solebury community outside of the classroom - i.e. leading a club, attending events
- Communicate ideas and expectations clearly while inspiring students to set and rise to rigorous expectations
- Engage in continuing professional development
- Foster a strong working relationship with students and families
- Collaborate within and beyond the department to create a distinctive and dynamic academic program
- Have a passion for working with students of all abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics or related field
- Demonstrated experience teaching High School Mathematics
- Master’s Degree or higher in mathematics or education
- Boarding or Independent school experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, reach for or otherwise move objects, including textbooks and other teaching materials. Sedentary work involves sitting, standing and walking around the classroom.
- Communication: Activities include both hearing and talking to express or exchange ideas and information.
- Environmental conditions: Activities occur mostly inside and occasionally outside.
- Valid driver’s license required as well as ability to pass a variety of background checks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rick Tony, Director of Studies. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solebury School seeks teachers who enjoy being a part of a culture of learning, where they are always striving to improve their teaching through feedback and self-evaluation. We value intellectual challenge and academic achievement alongside mutual respect between students and teachers.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.