Parent Relations Manager
Title: Parent Relations Manager
Date: August 15, 2022
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Head of School: Advancement & External Affairs
Solebury School seeks a dedicated and experienced person to serve in a full-time, twelve-month position as our Parent Relations Manager. This position is responsible for promoting and strengthening parent relations at Solebury School and manages the Home and School Association, as well as most Advancement events. The Parent Relations Manager is the primary coordinator for Solebury’s Annual Auction, the school’s largest fundraising event. Some travel is required; evening and weekend hours (with notice) are also required, including one weekend of residential life duty.
- Serve as staff liaison with Home and School Association (HSA) with the outcome of developing strong relationships and supporting retention efforts on behalf of the school
- Serves as the primary manager for the school’s annual auction
- Coordinate and manage multiple constituencies including parent volunteers, faculty/staff, former parents, alumni and friends of the school
- Responsible for tracking and managing to fundraising goals set by the AHOS for the auction
- Coordinate and manage special events articulated in the annual Advancement Plan
- Staff and attend all HSA meetings & gatherings, including Executive Committee and Auction
- Maintain inventory of event supplies
- Create appropriate flyers, invitations, postcards, etc. to promote events
- Support the mission and vision of Solebury School
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AHOS
Solebury School seeks a self-motivated and highly organized individual who is able to motivate and organize others positively and effectively. Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to relationship-build and handle multiple concurrent projects are required. The ideal candidate will have a positive and professional demeanor and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while responding to multiple demands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of development experience, including event planning and execution; experience working with volunteers and charity auctions preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of fund development principles and best practices
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone and interpersonal communication skills, detail oriented.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Able and willing to take responsibility and work with minimal oversight.
- Strong understanding of the Google platform is mandatory; experience with PowerPoint and/or a relational fundraising database a plus.
- Experience with fundraising and understanding of education at an independent school preferred.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate
- Ability and means to drive a vehicle required
- Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solebury School offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits to all eligible employees, including:
- Medical & Vision Insurance (free option for employees and employee plus children)
- Dental Insurance
- 403 (b) plan
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability Leave
As part of the terms for employment and in accordance with state law, all employees undergo national, state and local background checks before starting. Employment is also contingent on the ability to establish identity for employment in the United States by providing appropriate documentation to complete the I-9 form and required certifications. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from school.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer, Special Projects Manager via email email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.