Parent Relations Manager
Date: September 15, 2018
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Head of School: Advancement & External Affairs
Solebury School seeks a dedicated and experienced person to serve in a full-time, 12-month position as our Parent Relations Manager. This position is responsible for promoting and strengthening parent relations at Solebury School and manages the Home and School Association, as well as most Advancement events. The Parent Relations Manager is the primary coordinator for Solebury’s Annual Dinner Auction, the school’s largest fundraising event. Some travel is required; evening and weekend hours (with notice) are also required, including one weekend of residential life duty.
- Serve as staff liaison with Home and School Association and with Solebury’s Boarding parent population with the outcome of developing strong relationships and supporting retention efforts on behalf of the school.
- Serves as the primary manager for the school’s annual auction. Coordinate and manage multiple constituencies including parent volunteers, faculty/staff, former parents, alumni and friends of the school. Responsible for tracking and managing to fundraising goals set by the AHOS for the auction.
- Coordinate and manage special events articulated in the annual Advancement Plan
- Support recruitment, retention and fundraising with Boarding Parent population through outstanding cultivation - gather information, create and send personalized electronic and/or other communication with individual families at least three times per year and in partnership with Residential Life staff.
- Provide support for international Advancement trips – research, gather information, prepare dossiers, assist with scheduling family visits.
- Staff and attend all Home and School meetings/gatherings, including Executive Committee and Auction.
- Maintain inventory of event supplies.
- Create appropriate flyers, invitations, postcards, etc to promote events.
- Support the mission and vision of Solebury School.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AHOS.
We seek a self-motivated and highly organized individual who is able to motivate and organize others positively and effectively. Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to relationship-build and handle multiple concurrent projects are required. The ideal candidate will have a positive and professional demeanor and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while responding to multiple demands.
- Minimum of two years of development experience, including event planning and execution. Experience working with volunteers and charity auctions preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of fund development principles, best practices and public relations.
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone and interpersonal communication skills, detail oriented.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Able and willing to take responsibility and work with minimal oversight.
- Strong understanding of the Google platform is mandatory; experience with PowerPoint and/or a relational fundraising database a plus.
- Experience with fundraising and understanding of education at an independent school preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate
- Ability and means to drive a vehicle required
- Works in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Sherry Goulding, Director of Human Resources. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit via email to email@example.com.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving nearly 235 students in grades 8-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.