Prep Cook/Dining Hall Support Staff
Title: Prep Cook/Dining Hall Support Staff
Date Last Modified: 10/7/2022
FLSA Classification: Hourly, non-exempt, benefits-eligible
Reports To: Manager, Dining Services/Head Chef
Solebury School seeks a Prep Cook/Dining Hall Support Staff to assist in meal prep, food service, dishwashing, and general cleaning. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, twelve-month position with the possibility of an immediate start. This position requires weekend and evening availability.
- Wash and clean equipment, pots and pans, and utensils
- Support food prep, equipment handling and food service under the supervision of the head chef/senior chef
- Sweep/mop floors in food preparation and dining hall areas, while maintaining high standards of sanitation
- Use cleaning chemicals and supplies in accordance with specified safety protocols
- Cooperate and communicate with other school staff, parents, and students to promote a positive school climate
- Perform other related work in support of dining services operations
- Some experience in a kitchen/food service role
- Dependable team player
- Read, write and communicate effectively and follow instructions as required
- Interact with staff members, students, parents and others in an open, friendly manner
- Weekend and evening availability
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time, must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in kitchen environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solebury School offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits to all eligible employees, including:
- Medical & Vision Insurance (free option for employees and employee plus children)
- Dental Insurance
- 403 (b) defined contribution retirement plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and School Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability insurance, life insurance
As part of the terms for employment and in accordance with state law, all employees undergo national, state and local background checks before starting. Employment is also contingent on the ability to establish eligibility for employment in the United States by providing appropriate documentation to complete the I-9 form and required certifications. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from school.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer, Special Projects Manager via email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education.
We are an all-gender boarding and day school serving more than 240 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.