Track & Field Coaches (multiple)
Title: Track & Field Coaches (multiple)
FLSA Classification: part-time, seasonal, exempt, stipend
Reports To: Head Track Coach and Director of Athletics
Solebury School (New Hope, PA) seeks multiple Track & Field coaches for the Spring 2024 season (3/26/23-5/27/23). Practice are Monday-Friday from 3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., with track meets during the week and occasionally Saturdays. Our coaches would need to be able to work with all levels of athletic ability. Specific coaches Solebury School is looking for include:
Throwing Coach: assistant track coach who can coach the throwers; Shot put, Discus, and Javelin
Jumping Coach: assistant track coach who can coach the Jumpers; High Jump, triple jump, and long jump
Sprinting Coach: an assistant track coach who can coach the Sprinters
Hurdle Coach: an assistant track coach who can coach the hurdlers
- Direct coaching responsibilities inclusive of program organization, practice planning, game preparation/management, and overall student-athlete development following Solebury School’s mission statement and core values
- Communicates clear expectations to student-athletes and parents
- Values strength and conditioning, nutrition, and playing multiple sports in helping the team to realize their full potential as student-athletes
- Encourages a sense of belonging for all team members who are a part of the program through building, with and among the team, relationships that are based on the development of their character as well as their athletic ability
- Provides end-of-season collection of information (i.e. appropriate statistics), uniforms, award winners
- Keeps the Director of Athletics and Head Track Coach informed of problems or concerns
- Successfully completes online coaching courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest through NFHS Learning Center
- Varsity high school playing experience required; college playing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Positive role model, mentor, and teacher of the sport
- Must provide instruction to instill a strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence in student-athletes
- An understanding of the nature of independent schools
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
Must be able to drive a school van safely and have a clean driving record
As part of the terms for employment and in accordance with state law, all employees undergo national, state and local background checks before starting. Employment is also contingent on the ability to establish eligibility for employment in the United States by providing appropriate documentation to complete the I-9 form and required certifications. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from school, and a valid driver's license is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Staci Freer, Special Projects Manager via email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving more than 225 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.