On Sunday, November 3, Solebury School made the exciting announcement that it has acquired 50 acres of adjacent land directly east of the school. The additional land increases Solebury School’s campus size to 140 acres and allows for expanded facilities and programming. The acquisition restores a parcel of land to the Solebury campus that was sold to the quarry in the 1980s and increases the campus footprint by nearly 50 percent.
"This is truly a magical moment in the history of Solebury School,” says Head of School Tom Wilschutz. “To be able to look ahead with confidence and to know that, because of the leadership and courage of the Board of Trustees, along with the support of so many, we have ensured the future of Solebury School. This land was an important piece of the vision of our founders when they established our school in 1925 and this rolling piece of Pennsylvania countryside was viewed as critical to the DNA of the community they imagined.”
Friends, neighbors, faculty, and parents gathered to hear the announcement and share a champagne toast to the future of the school. We were pleased to have Pennsylvania State Senator Steve Santasiero in attendance, along with Solebury Township Supervisor Kevin Morrissey and past Solebury School Board Chairs Doug Haigh P’08 and Scott Bolenbaugh P’09.
Jennifer K. Burns P’19, Assistant Head of School - Advancement, shared an update on its Strategic Plan, which includes seven goals including increased enrollment in its boarding program and an enhanced campus environment. “Solebury School’s future will be a time of measured and mindful growth in enrollment, academic program, residential life and physical plant,” she stated. “With this important acquisition, here we are. Taking our first steps on a long-range journey, the beginning of a new chapter in Solebury School’s story. The dreams we can dream for this beloved institution are now truly limited only by our imagination.”