Evening Screenplay Writing Class
- Monday evenings, 6:45-9:00pm
- From Monday, September 9, 2019 - Monday, December 16, 2019 (no class the week of Thanksgiving)
- No prerequisites required; 1 credit offered to Solebury students (no transcripts available)
- $100 fee for non-Solebury students
- Register below by September 3, 2019. Space is limited!
The goal of this class is to analyze classic films in order to grasp how structure supports the narrative and helps the writer create a disciplined, soundly constructed, dramatic script. Emphasis will be on the relationship between character and plot, as well as identifying significant story points that drive the narrative forward. In addition to class exercises, students will apply what they learn to their own work in the following session.
About Chris Canaan
This class will be taught by Emmy-winning Chris Canaan, who recently relocated to Bucks County after a career in Hollywood. He has taught classes at UCLA, where he earned a masters' degree. Prior to working at Solebury School, he most recently taught at the Bucks County Playhouse. He also currently teaches screenwriting at The College of New Jersey.
If you have any questions about this course, please email Director of Studies Rick Tony at email@example.com or call him at 215.862.5261.