SAT/ACT Preparatory Course
To better serve our college-bound students, Solebury School is offering a review class focused on the English and math sections of the SAT/ACT. The design of the class will be focused on individual student practice infused with teacher feedback, redirection, and remediation. We feel that our teachers are in an ideal position to tailor the course to fit your child’s needs.
The fall SAT/ACT prep course is designed for seniors preparing for the October 5th, or later, SAT date, and/or the October 26th, or later, ACT date.
The course covers both strategies and content inherent to the SAT/ACT. The course will include review centered around:
- the components of the SAT/ACT
- types of questions to expect
- managing time
- strategies for math (calculator and non-calculator sections)
- approaches to the critical reading and writing sections
Students should be on time for class and bring a pencil, paper, and calculator to each class. Every effort should be made to attend each session.
The class will meet for the following four Thursdays sessions from 6:30 to 8:30pm:
- Thursday, September 5
- Thursday, September 12
- Thursday, September 19
- Thursday, September 26
Students will take a FULL LENGTH practice test on Saturday, September 28 from 9am to 1pm.
The class will meet on Thursday, October 3 from 6:00 to 9:00pm to go over the results of the practice test.
- Cost of the course: $725. A $300 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration.
- Registration and full payment are due Tuesday, September 3rd.
- SAT/ACT prep materials are included.
- Please note: Enrollment in the course does not include registration for the SAT or ACT.
A minimum enrollment of 5 students must be met to offer the course. IF MINIMUM ENROLLMENT IS NOT MET, THE COURSE WILL BE CANCELLED and you will be notified and your deposit returned.