SAT Preparatory Course
SORRY, REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
To better serve our college-bound students, Solebury School is offering an SAT prep course taught by our own faculty. We feel that our teachers are in an ideal position to tailor the course to fit your child’s needs. The spring SAT prep course is designed for juniors preparing for the May 4th or June 1st SAT. The course is a strategy-based class and includes a full 4-hour practice test to familiarize students with the exam. It covers both strategies and content inherent to the SAT. The course will include instruction about:
- the components of the SAT
- types of questions to expect
- managing time
- strategies for math (calculator and non-calculator sections)
- approaches to the critical reading and writing sections
Students should be on time for class and bring a pencil, paper, and calculator to each class. Every effort should be made to attend each session. Evening and weekend classes are two hours in length.
Cost and Dates (SAT Prep Materials included)
- The class will meet for the following six sessions: Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm on 3/27, 4/3, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, Saturday morning from 9:30-11:30am on 4/13
- Students will also take a FULL LENGTH practice test on Sunday, April 28 from 9am to 1pm.
- Cost of the course: $800. A $300 non-refundable deposit is due by Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Final payment is due Friday March 1, 2019.
- Please note: Enrollment in the course does not include registration for the SAT.
A minimum enrollment of 5 students must be met to offer the course. IF MINIMUM ENROLLMENT IS NOT MET, THE COURSE WILL BE CANCELLED and you will be notified and your deposit returned.