Merit Scholarship Program
Generously created by our Board of Trustees, Merit Scholarships make a Solebury School education more affordable. The Merit Scholarship Committee awards them to young people who they feel are poised to become leaders of our community, model students in the classroom, or stars on the stage or field. The scholarships are renewed each year throughout the student’s career at Solebury, contingent upon their good standing.
Boarding and day students – grades 7 through 12 – are eligible, and families must complete all of the following:
- Submit the SSAT application, along with personal statements
- Take the SSAT test in either October, November or December and submit scores to Solebury School
- Interview with a member of our Admission Office
- Submit all required official transcripts/grade reports
- Submit all required school reports / recommendations from a current school administrator / guidance counselor, English and math teacher
Deadline: January 15th for day students; February 1 for boarders
Each candidate will be evaluated at his or her grade level. All scholarship applicants will be notified of admission and scholarship decisions in February.
You can apply for additional financial aid, as well. Please submit the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) by February 1 so that we can issue you a complete contract.