Welcome to Solebury School and the Home and School Association (HSA)! We are excited you have chosen to join our community and look forward to a year of friendship, learning, and growth. We are proud of the values that make our school unique and are eager to get to know you and your students! Solebury is a wonderful supportive community, and we will do our part to help you navigate this new journey.
The HSA is the parent organization at Solebury School. Its purpose is to establish a strong connection between parents and the School through a variety of initiatives such as:
- Regular meetings open to the whole parent community that typically include updates on what's happening at Solebury, special guest speakers throughout the year, and an open Q&A with Tom Wilschutz, Head of School
- Providing grants to faculty and student projects, directly benefiting the community. HSA approved and funded the following faculty requests last year:
- New audio speakers for the film department
- New fire pits for campus
- Support for a studio recording of Pomp & Circumstance by the Solebury Elite Ensemble
- Startup funds for SEAC (Solebury Environmental Action Corps) to establish a rain garden on the banks of Primrose Creek
- Cushions for a brand new student meditation program
- Startup funds for an end of year awards celebration for the theater program
- Assisting with school activities supported by HSA parent committees, including theatrical productions, athletic events, faculty appreciation, and the arts festival
- Raising significant funds for the school community through our auction, Solebury’s largest annual fundraising event. Together, the community raised over $262,000 this past spring at Around the World: An Evening of Adventure, our first in-person auction since 2019!
As parents of Solebury students, you automatically become a member of the HSA and are welcome to attend our meetings, either in-person or virtually. Please check the School Calendar for more events and updates.
Once again, I'd like to extend our warmest welcome to you and your family!
Laura Roche P'23
Home and School Association
HOME & SCHOOL OFFICERS
President - Laura Roche P '23
Vice President - Mike Lipsky P'21 P'23
Treasurer - Rachel Emde '02 (Solebury School Assistant Director of Finance and Controller)
Co-Secretaries - Melissa Calvert P'24 and Pam Thompson P'20 P'22 P'24
View Home & School Association Bylaws.
HOME & SCHOOL EVENTS
All parents are welcome at the following meetings and events for the 2022-23 school year. All meetings will be in person with the option of joining via Zoom. Links and reminders will be sent out prior to each meeting. Please join us if you can!
- Wednesday, September 14, 11:00am-12:30pm - HSA Meeting
- Monday, October 10, 8:20am - Fall Campus Beautification
- Wednesday, October 12 and Friday, October 14 - Teacher Appreciation (Hospitality)
- Friday, October 21 - Parent Mixer followed by Soccer Under the Lights
- November 2-6 - Fall Production, Spring Awakening (Friends of Theater)
- Wednesday, November 30, 9:00am - HSA Meeting followed by holiday decorating (Beautification)
- Thursday, December 8, 7:00pm - Sounds of the Season
- December 9 and 10 - Girls Basketball Tip Off Tournament (Boosters)
- December 16 and 17 - Boys Basketball Tip Off Tournament (Boosters)
- Wednesday, January 18, 7-8:30pm - HSA Meeting
- Friday, January 20 - Whiteout Games (Boosters)
- Wednesday, February 22 - Family Education Night
- Feb 16, 17, 18,19 - Winter Musical, Firebringer (Friends of Theater)
- Week of April 17 - Arts Festival (Friends of the Arts)
- Wednesday, April 12, 11:00am-12:30pm - HSA Meeting
- May 5,6,7 - Spring Play, The Play the Goes Wrong (Friends of Theater)
- Wednesday, May 24, 4-6:30pm - HSA Meeting and Happy Hour
- Thursday, June 1 - Setup for Senior Dinner (Hospitality)
- Monday, June 5 - Faculty Appreciation Luncheon (Hospitality)