Newly Accepted Families
Congratulations on your acceptance to Solebury School! Particularly in this moment, this page will be a significant resource for you and will give you lots of information over the coming weeks. Keep checking it as we will be adding content to every few days. As always, feel free to reach out to Scott Eckstein with any questions you have.
Info on Virtual Accepted Students Day
While we wish this day could be in person, more important than anything is for all of us to stay safe, stay healthy, and do what we can to help our larger communities right now. We believe the plan we have in place will allow you to get your questions answered and begin to form the connections with students and faculty that make Solebury such an amazing place. Below are the pieces of the Accepted Students Day.
- Student Panels will be held on Wednesday, April 1 at 9am and on Saturday, April 4 at 11am.
- Faculty Panels will be held on Wednesday, April 1 at 2:45pm and on Saturday, April 4 at 11:50am.
- The “Fair” portion of the day where you can talk to people who oversee various programs here will be on Wednesday, April 1 from 10:15 - 11:30am
Please remember to RSVP for which of the student and faculty panels you will participate in and to fill out the google form Scott sent you for the Fair.
More information and Zoom invites to these will be forthcoming.
Dates to Know
April 1: Accepted Students Day (Meet teachers, current students, and other new families!)
April 10: Deadline to enroll. After this date, we will offer admission to those on our waiting list.
Mid-May: The 2020-2021 Academic Bulletin and the 2020-2021 course selection forms — Fall Trimester Course Selection Form, Winter Trimester Course Selection Form, and the Spring Course Selection Form — will be released soon
May 20: Webinar for new 9th grade families (4:00-5:00pm)
June 22: Back-to-school forms are posted on the website
July 8: Course selections are due
August 1: Back-to-school forms are due
August 30: New family / student gathering on campus
August 31: Fall pre-season sports begin
September 7: New international students arrive, dorms open
September 8: Registration and orientation for new boarding students and families
September 9: Registration and orientation for new day students and families
September 10: First day of classes
September 24: New parent welcome reception at the Headmaster's house (6:30-8:30pm)
September 25: Fri-Sat overnight trip for 9th graders (Friday day trips for 10th-12th graders)
September 29: 9th grade orientation for parents (7:00-9:00pm)
October 9: Parents Day (no classes)
- When do we choose fall classes?
- When do we choose fall sports and activities?
- When will summer reading lists and assignments be posted?
- When will school supply lists be posted?
- Will my child need a laptop?
- Where will my boarding student stay during fall sports pre-season, before the dorms are open?
- How do I arrange for daily transportation for my day student?
- When will my student receive a solebury.org email address?
Our focus remains on safety and preparation. We've created a COVID-19 webpage where we will be sharing information on an ongoing basis. Please view these resources and communications that have been sent out to our Solebury Community here.
Scott Eckstein, Director of Admission, would be happy to review anything shared above, or answer any other questions you might have. You can reach him at email@example.com or 215.862.5261. Thank you!