Newly Accepted Families
We're thrilled to have you as part of our community. Here is information we hope you will find helpful for planning, beginning with the 2019-2020 School Calendar (PDF).
Dates to Know
April 3: Accepted Students Day (Meet teachers, current students, and other new families!)
April 10: Deadline to enroll. After this date, we will offer admission to those on our waiting list.
Mid-May: The 2019-2020 Academic Bulletin and the 2019-2020 course selection forms — Fall Trimester Course Selection Form, Winter Trimester Course Selection Form, and the Spring Course Selection Form — are released (see more on this below)
May 21: Webinar for new 9th grade families (4:00-5:00pm)
June 21: Back-to-school forms are posted on the website
June 24: Summer programs begin
July 8: Course selections are due
August 1: Back-to-school forms are due
August 25: New family / student gathering on campus
August 26: Fall pre-season sports begin
September 2: New international students arrive, dorms open
September 3: Registration and orientation for new boarding students and families
September 4: Registration and orientation for new day students and families
September 5: First day of classes
September 13: Fri-Sat overnight trip for 9th graders (Friday day trips for 10th-12th graders)
September 19: New parent welcome reception at the Headmaster's house (6:30-8:30pm)
September 26: 9th grade orientation for parents (7:00-9:00pm)
October 11: Parents Day (no classes)
- When do we choose fall classes?
- When do we choose fall sports and activities?
- When will summer reading lists and assignments be posted?
- When will school supply lists be posted?
- Will my child need a laptop?
- Where will my boarding student stay during fall sports pre-season, before the dorms are open?
- How do I arrange for daily transportation for my day student?
- When will my student receive a solebury.org email address?
Assistant Director of Admissions Jordan Reed would be happy to review anything shared above, or answer any other questions you might have. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.862.5261. Thank you!