- Every Wednesday, Aidan’s House Party from 8-9 pm—DJ Aidan Holtz will be spinning tunes and taking requests. April 8 will be a night of Classic Rock!
- Friday, May 15th at 7:30pm, Spring Coffee House—The coffee house committee is working hard to organize an incredible event for this Spring but we need your act to make this event truly spectacular! We are hoping that you all really bring out your hidden talents and show Solebury what you've got! If you are interested in performing please email Dominique by May 7.
- Tom in the Circle—Every morning, excluding Wednesday's, come say high or offer a virtual wave to Tom in the cirlce.
- May 12 at 4pm, Book Club Check In—The book is Little Fires Everywhere.
May 13 at 7pm, Latinx—A continuation of our Latinx and Biracial Buddies evening zoom. Faculty, Staff, Students and their families are welcome to attend.
May 20-25, Virtual 5K—Participate in a virtual 5K fundraiser organized by Service Society.This event will be open to the greater Solebury community (parents, students, alum, etc.) and proceeds will benefit an organization on front lines of COVID-19 response to be determined by Service Society.
May 20, All School Service Day: Virtual Edition—There will be no academic classes and students will be asked to participate in one of several virtual volunteer workshops and activities offered via Zoom between 9:30-11:30am. In addition to workshops and activities, we will also be offering a number of other resources for virtual volunteering to be used on this dedicated day or any other time. Students, don't forget to log your hours on MobileServe!
- All participating community members will make a vegetarian meal and then take a picture of it. The meal must include vegetables -- it cannot just be carbs and cheese. The photo MUST INCLUDE YOUR FACE
- For 5 points, fill out a shared google form with your house name and upload the picture of your meal.
- For 10 points, you can include the recipe for your meal.
- For 15 points, make your recipe “quarantine friendly” meaning that it can be made with canned, dried, and/or frozen ingredients.
- House points will be announced at assembly on Tuesday
- The best recipes can be shared on the Presidents’ Friday email.
Use the same form each Friday as the competition will be ongoing throughout the spring trimester!
SOLEBURY SPIRIT WEEK
Monday, May 18: Crests Out!! Print or make your own Solebury Crest and display it in the window or lawn of your home. Take a picture of yourself next to it and send it in for house points!!
Tuesday, May 19: Express your love for all things Solebury! Some ideas include a poem, a song, some artwork, or even a baked and decorated dessert. Be creative and express your love! Send in your creation for house points!!
Wednesday, May 20: Dress up as the MOST EXTREME Solebury Fan. Put on every bit of Solebury gear that you have or even re-create the Spartan costume with random stuff you have at home! Send in your most extreme fan look to be entered into the Ultimate Solebury Fan Contest and win lots of house points!
Thursday, May 21: Make a “TOP 10 Reasons Why I Love Solebury” list. Some reasons may be sweet and some may be silly but we want to hear them! Send us your lists for your chance to make our Ultimate Top 10 List and earn bonus house points!
Friday, May 22: Dress up what you think a faculty or staff member will look like when they finally immerge from quarantine. Send in your best look for house points!
Lip Sync Battle!!Friday, May 22 at 7:00pm—You can submit a video of a lipsync until Thursday, May 21st! Get a few friends on a zoom call a lipsync your favorite song! Get your family in on the fun or jam out alone in your room! Lipsync a school appropriate song and submit a video that is 1 - 4 min in length. Each submission earns 150 house points (divided among the participants in the video). On Friday, May 22nd we will watch the submissions live and vote on our favorites!
- 1st place - 500 bonus house points
- 2nd place - 300 bonus house points
- 3rd place - 150 bonus house points
- plus more bonus points for various categories